To post a job opening, please submit a description of the job electronically by e-mail to AAAR (e-mail: email@example.com). The price is $150 U.S. for up to 200 words plus .50/word above 200. The posting will remain as long as needed, up to six months. Please send a check (payable to the AAAR) to Attn: Jackie Wu, AAAR, 11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 350, Reston, VA 20191, and note that this is payment for a job posting on the AAAR Web Site. You may also call Jackie direct at 1-866-972-7222 to pay with a credit card. Sorry, we do not accept purchase orders.
Posted September 2, 2021
Lead innovative aerosol research to support product development and optimization for a fortune 200 company with some of the most iconic brands! Have a Masters degree or PhD in Aerosol Sciences? Have experience in aerosol generation and characterization? If so, we want to speak with you!
We are currently seeking an Aerosol Scientist to join the New Product Assessment group within the Analytical Sciences department located in Richmond, VA.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Develop and formulate comprehensive research plans encompassing technical specifications, resource requirements and timelines in order to understand aerosol dynamics: evaporation, deposition and hydroscopic growth
- Conduct independent research utilizing state-of-the-art aerosol instrumentation to gather critical aerosol characterization data (physical and chemical) to support prototype development and optimization
- Support and coordinate cross functional activities within RD&S and serve as a technical liaison for research activities across laboratories
- Utilize resources and expertise to generate required data in validating computational models
- Grow organizational capability and foster an environment of continuous improvement by staying abreast of new developments in aerosol characterization methodologies and aerosol instrumentation.
- Conduct feasibility assessment and make recommendations for their applicability and implementation for aerosol research
What we want you to have:
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in the field of aerosol sciences or related area
- 1-3 years of experience in aerosol generation, condensation aerosol, aerosol sampling techniques, particle instrumentation, particle characterization techniques, and instrument design
- Significant fundamental knowledge and expertise in the area of aerosol dynamics: evaporation, deposition and hydroscopic growth
- Ability to independently craft experiments, analyze and interpret experimental data using medium level statistical analysis techniques and draw conclusions
- Excellent technical writing and communications skills as demonstrated by presentations and publications in the areas of expertise
- Knowledge in analytical chemistry is preferred
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key strategic objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our deferred profit sharing and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Altria Client Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty Positions in Aerosol Science and Technology at University of Miami
Posted August 30, 2021
The College of Engineering (CoE, https://www.coe.miami.edu/ ) and the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences (RSMAS, https://www.rsmas.miami.edu/ ) at the University of Miami invites nominations and applications for multiple tenure-track/tenured faculty positions in Aerosol Science and Technology at all levels (Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. The primary appointment could be in the Department of Chemical, Environmental and Materials Engineering or the Department of Atmospheric Sciences. Joint appointments with other university departments are also possible. The University of Miami’s College of Engineering has embarked on university-wide strategic initiatives related to the University’s Roadmap to the Next Century. The search is open to all areas of aerosol science and technology, with preference given to individuals whose research and teaching complement energy and environmental foci, and advanced materials research underway at the University. Some areas of emphasis in aerosol science and technology include atmospheric sciences, climate change, instrumentation, nanomaterial synthesis, advanced materials, clean energy, ambient air quality, combustion, satellite monitoring, distributed sensing, particulate matter control and others.
Details of these Searches can be found in the Faculty Openings page - https://www.coe.miami.edu/resources/faculty-openings/index.html and the application can be submitted via this link Review of applications will begin immediately, but applications will be received until the positions are filled with an initial priority date of November 15, 2021. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Chair of the Search Committee, Dr. Sakhrat Khizroev (firstname.lastname@example.org)