Benefits of Membership
- Subscription to Aerosol Science & Technology — All members receive a one-year online subscription to the official Association journal Aerosol Science & Technology (AS&T). The journal publishes papers covering the full range of topics in aerosol science including basic theoretical developments, new instrumentation, ambient aerosol properties, respiratory deposition, aerosol drug delivery, aerosol climatology, etc. One volume containing 12 issues are published annually to present the latest developments in the field.
- Purchase a print subscription: Full members may also receive a print copy of the journal for $40/year. Student and retired members must pay the full subscription price of $80 because their reduced membership fee did not include any form of access to the journal. The journals will be sent four times per year with three issues in each shipment.
- Annual Conference — The AAAR Annual Conference features a technical symposium, Working Group meetings, tutorials, and an exhibition. Conferences often include special symposia on current topics of interest, such as pharmaceutical aerosols or ambient air quality standards. AAAR, together with other international aerosol societies, organizes a joint International Aerosol Conference every four years.
- Newsletter — The member newsletter, Particulars, contains up-to-date information about meetings, conferences, symposia, awards, job opportunities, and other official AAAR business.
- Online Membership Directory — The AAAR Online Membership Directory lists the address, phone, fax, and e-mail numbers for all current members. The list can be sorted by name, company, city, state/province or country.
- Election of Officers and Directors — AAAR members elect their own Officers and Directors by an annual mail-in ballot vote. Full Members are eligible for peer or self nomination for any open position on the AAAR Board.
- Working Groups and Committees — Members are encouraged to participate in technical Working Groups representing many of the topical areas listed earlier. Working Group members help plan technical symposia, exchange ideas, and recommend programs.
Members may join Organizational Committees to assist AAAR Board Members in building and strengthening the AAAR organization in important areas such as Education, Publications, Awards, Finance, Bylaws, and Newsletters.
- Awards Program — The prestigious AAAR Awards Program offers support and recognition of individuals who have shown outstanding achievement in aerosol science.
Classes of Membership
Membership in AAAR is open to all persons who are in agreement with the Association's purpose of advancing science and engineering in all aspects of aerosol research and facilitating the exchange of information among members and other disciplines. There are four classes of membership:
- Full Member — Any person who subscribes to the goals of the Association is eligible for Full Membership. Full Members receive all of the benefits of membership including voting rights and a one-year online subscription to the AS&T journal, and are eligible to serve as an Officer or Director on the AAAR Board.
- Early Career Member — A designation for members who have completed their most recent degree within the last five years. Early Career Members have the same access and eligibility as the Full Members.
- Student Member — Any student enrolled in a degree program with an interest in aerosol science is eligible for Student Membership. Student Members may not serve on the AAAR Board, and do not vote. Student members receive free online access to the AS&T journal. Post Docs are not considered students.
- Retired Member — Any person who has been a Full Member of AAAR and has retired from employment in aerosol science may apply for Retired Membership. The Full Member must submit a written petition requesting the change in membership category to the Executive Committee. Retired Members may not serve on the AAAR Board, and do not vote. Retired members receive free online access to the AS&T journal.
- Organizational Member — Organizations committed to supporting the mission of the AAAR are invited to become Organizational Members. Membership is available to corporations, firms, sole proprietorships, partnerships, institutes, associations, colleges, universities, research organizations, and government agencies. Organizational members are entitled to receive two Full Memberships for their staff; one of these two members will become the Organizational Representative. Additionally, Organizational Members will receive two free annual conference registrations, discounts for tutorials, discounted exhibition fees, the right to be called an "Organizational Sponsor of the American Association for Aerosol Research", acknowledgments in AAAR publications, and a list of attendees at the Annual Meeting.
Membership is good for one year from January 1 to December 31. Annual dues for membership are included in the registration fee for the Annual Conference, typically held in the fall each year. For persons who do not attend the Annual Conference, membership dues shall be paid by December 31 of the previous year.
New and renewing members who pay full membership dues after December 31 will receive a full-year subscription to AS&T (including back issues for that year), but will not be included in the Membership Directory.
Member Classification and Dues — Listed dues are for membership beginning January 2017.
- Full Member: $99
- Early Career Member: $99
- Journal Print Subscription: $40 (for full members)
- Student Member: $38
- Student Subscriber: $119 (includes print subscription to AS&T Journal)
- Retired Member $38
- Retired Subscriber: $119 (includes print subscription to AS&T Journal)
- Organizational Member: $2,094 (includes two full memberships)
Select a membership type below to join AAAR online.
Click here to sign in to your member profile and renew electronically.
AS&T Subscription Form
AAAR members receive free electronic access to the journal Aerosol Science & Technology. For an additional fee members can obtain a print subscription. This option can be selected when you join AAAR, renew your membership to AAAR (using the online renewal option or registering for the annual conference), or by printing the AS&T subscription form below and sending to AAAR at the address shown on the Contact page of this website.