- Subscription to Aerosol Science & Technology - All members receive a one-year online subscription to the official Association journal Aerosol Science & Technology (AS&T). The journal publishes papers covering the full range of topics in aerosol science including basic theoretical developments, new instrumentation, ambient aerosol properties, respiratory deposition, aerosol drug delivery, aerosol climatology, etc. Two volumes are published annually to present the latest developments in the field.
- NEW FOR 2013: Full members may also revive a print copy of the journal for $40/year (12 issues mailed quarterly). Student and retired members must pay the full subscription price of $80 because the cost of your online subscription was already subsidized.
- Annual Conference- The AAAR Annual Conference features a technical symposium, Working Group meetings, tutorials, and an exhibition. Conferences often include special symposia on current topics of interest, such as pharmaceutical aerosols or ambient air quality standards. AAAR, together with other international aerosol societies, organizes a joint International Aerosol Conference every four years.
- Newsletter- The member newsletter, Particulars, contains up-to-date information about meetings, conferences, symposia, awards, job opportunities, and other official AAAR business.
- Membership Directory - Updated annually, the AAAR Membership Directory lists the address, phone, fax, and e-mail numbers for all current members. In addition, the directory includes a list of AAAR Officers and Directors, Committee members, Working Group chairs, Organizational Members, past award recipients, past and future Conferences, and the AAAR Bylaws. All members also have access to the online directory.
- Election of Officers and Directors - AAAR members elect their own Officers and Directors by an annual mail-in ballot vote. Full Members are eligible for peer or self nomination for any open position on the AAAR Board.
- Working Groups and Committees - Members are encouraged to participate
in technical Working Groups representing many of the topical areas listed
earlier. Working Group members help plan technical symposia, exchange ideas,
and recommend programs.
Members may join Organizational Committees to assist AAAR Board Members in building and strengthening the AAAR organization in important areas such as Education, Publications, Awards, Finance, Bylaws, and Newsletters.
- Awards Program - The prestigious AAAR Awards Program offers support and recognition of individuals who have shown outstanding achievement in aerosol science.
Membership in AAAR is open to all persons who are in agreement with the Association's purpose of advancing science and engineering in all aspects of aerosol research and facilitating the exchange of information among members and other disciplines. There are four classes of membership:
- Full Member - Any person who subscribes to the goals of the Association is eligible for Full Membership. Full Members receive all of the benefits of membership including voting rights and a one-year online subscription to the AS&T journal, and are eligible to serve as an Officer or Director on the AAAR Board.
- Student Member - Any student enrolled in a degree program with an interest in aerosol science is eligible for Student Membership. Student Members do not receive the AS&T journal, may not serve on the AAAR Board, and do not vote. Post Docs are not considered students.
- Retired Member - Any person who has been a Full Member of the AAAR and has retired from employment in aerosol science may apply for Retired Membership. The Full Member must submit a written petition requesting the change in membership category to the Executive Committee. Retired Members do not receive the AS&T journal, may not serve on the AAAR Board, and do not vote.
- Organizational Member - Organizations committed to supporting the mission of the AAAR are invited to become Organizational Members. Membership is available to corporations, firms, sole proprietorships, partnerships, institutes, associations, colleges, universities, research organizations, and government agencies. Organizational members are entitled to receive two Full Memberships for their staff; one of these two members will become the Organizational Representative. Additionally, Organizational Members will receive two free annual conference registrations, discounts for tutorials, discounted exhibition fees, the right to be called an "Organizational Sponsor of the American Association for Aerosol Research", acknowledgments in AAAR publications, and a list of attendees at the Annual Meeting.
Membership is good for one year from January 1 to December 31. Annual dues for membership are included in the registration fee for the Annual Conference, typically held in the fall each year. For persons who do not attend the Annual Conference, membership dues shall be paid by December 31 of the previous year.
New and renewing members who pay full membership dues after December 31 will receive a full-year subscription to AS&T (including back issues for that year), but will not be included in the Membership Directory.
Member Classification and Dues - Listed dues are for membership beginning January 2013.
- Full Member: $129
- Journal Print Subscription: $40 (for full members)
- Student Member: $38
- Student Subscriber: $119 (includes print subscription to AS&T Journal)
- Retired Member $38
- Retired Subscriber: $119 (includes print subscription to AS&T Journal)
- Organizational Member: $2,176 (includes two full memberships)
You may request a Membership Application from the AAAR Headquarters by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 856-439-9080, or fax: 856-439-0525.
You may request a Membership Renewal form from the AAAR Headquarters by e-mail: email@example.com, phone: 856-439-9080, or fax: 856-439-0525.
You may request a AS&T Subscription Form from the AAAR Headquarters by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 856-439-9080, or fax: 856-439-0525.